Friday, November 15, 2013

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Winter weddings are not something I am lucky enough to plan living in coastal California as I do. A  cold, wet beach isn't the ideal. This fact does not keep me from dreaming of a white wedding though! So here are a few of my favorite things about a winter wedding...

1. Sparkle seems to be that much sparklier (yes, sparklier is a word!)

 
2. Feathers & fur are totally appropriate.
 
 
3. Texture, texture, texture. Cable knit, wool, cashmere and houndstooth...to name a few.

 
4. Winter brings warm feelings. Cozy up next to a fire, sip hot chocolate and get close to those you love most. It just makes sense to throw a wedding in with all these good feelings, right?

 
5. Snow. It's magical, pure and simple.

 

The vision: Nearest & dearest gathered in a cozy cabin-esque venue complete with wood burning fireplace and a view of the snow falling outside. Candles everywhere. A menu with comfort foods and decadent desserts. Can't forget after dinner drinks of Hot Toddys and Irish Coffee. Kissing under mistletoe. Romance through and through.

And have I mentioned...I travel??? Coastal California can't hold me back! So let's get on this snow covered, romance- filled wedding, shall we? Dare to be different, lovelies. Summer weddings are to be expected. Throw a fete to get your friends and family through a long, dreary winter! 

Oh, and be sure to follow my Winter Weddings board on Pinterest for more inspiration!