Monday, November 4, 2013

You're On My List, "Love" List: Tehama

Wedding season had a hold on me! Whoa. But I'm back, sanity still in hand (always a daunting task for a spring/summer/fall filled with wedding after wedding!) and I'm ready to show a little love to my blog.

Goal for this year? To share with you some of my favorite venues. There are so many dazzling jewels in California and I'm taking it upon myself to share a few of my favorites with all of you.

For my first "love list" location we have...

Tehama Golf Club


Now, let me just tell ya'll that I am biased. Typically you give me a choice between golden hills laden with oak trees or an oceanside deck and I'll choose the hills. Just something about being around those vistas that make my country girl's heart very happy. Tehama is extra special in this sense. Not only do you have those gorgeous golden hills and oak trees dripping with moss but you also have a view of the entire Monterey Bay that is just to die for. To. Die. For!

  
I have so many brides that are against a hotel-feel or a golf-course-feel and guys, this location is perfect for those of you who fit in that description. Yes, it is a golf club. But no, it does not feel like one. Your drive on to the property is magical. Winding roads through old oak trees, deer romping through the forest...you might even see a wild turkey or... ten. You then make your way up to the clubhouse where you immediately are greeted by the quintessential Spanish revival style that is so well known in California. The space is warm and welcoming while also perfectly executing a feeling of sophistication and luxury.
 
 
What sets a property aside from others, to me, is their staff. Tehama has what can sometimes be hard to find...true professionals. Staff that go above and beyond to make your day perfect. That right there is what makes me give my stamp of approval. Add the stunning views and delicious food...I'm sold.
 
 
So here are some of their specifics...
 
Maximum Capacity: 200 Guests (180 With Dance Floor); Capacity would be increased if tent rented for outside patio.
Available Times: 5:30pm - 12:00am (With Entertainment Ending at 11:30pm)
Maximum Event Time: 6 Hours
Included: Tables, Chairs, China, Glassware, Silverware and Votive Candles
Also: Four (gorgeous!) suites on-site that are available for an additional fee.
Contact: Cheryl Fournier, 831-622-2223, cheryl@tgcmail.net, www.tehamagolfclub.com
 
Tehama is a very special venue that you have to see to truly appreciate!
 
Stay tuned for more of my "love list"! xoxo...