Friday, October 26, 2012

Never Fully Dressed Without...Sparkle

Bridesmaids dresses. Sigh. How can something with so much potential go so horribly awry? I'm sure most of you have at least one dress that you were asked to wear as a bridesmaid which you would never normally be seen in. Heck, you might even be convinced to burn the darn thing! I'm here to say let there be an end to the ugly or common bridesmaid dress.

More and more I'm seeing brides opt to let their girls choose their own dress in their wedding hue. Because let's face it, no one woman's body is the same. Even if you think that a certain dress is going to look fab-u on all your girls, chances are at least one of your girls won't feel entirely comfortable in your pick.

And, yes, I know. There is an irresistible need to control any and all wedding facets. I mean, after all, it is a once in a lifetime event, right? But, ladies, take a deep breath and...wait for it... just let go. As I often preach, keep sight of why you're doing this thing. It's about your marriage, not a wedding. Make that your mantra!


Anywho, my current love affair? Sparkly bridesmaid dresses. Tell your girls you want something short, sparkly and fun. Want to keep it from looking too Prom-Gone-Vegas? Opt for a neutral sparkler like this gorgeous Pronovias stunner. Love, right?

Happy Friday!