Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pie, You Say? I Don't Mind If I Do!


Ya'll...it's confession time. I love sweets. Like, I could quite possibly eat a danish for breakfast, cake for lunch and pie for dinner. However, in my love of sweets, I do have some favorites. Berry pie is one of them.

My lovely wedding last night opted to serve a small traditional cake along with several pies made at a local farm here named Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville, California. Now, most guests at a wedding are expecting a piece of cake and most aren't particularly thrilled about it. However, they know that it's par for the course when attending a wedding. You should have seen these guest's faces last night when they realized they were getting pie. There is just something about pie that brings a smile to a person's face.

Needless to say, we had left over cake. Moral of my story? Let them eat pie.

And save me a piece.