Saturday, June 5, 2010

Would You?

After sharing with a friend of mine that a local coordinator (whom I just adore!) spoke with me about coordinating her own wedding, he asked why she was having someone else do her wedding since she coordinates weddings for a living. My immediate response was, "because she knows how important it is". Then he asked if I would hire someone for my own wedding. Again, and immediate-without-thought-response. Hell yes. I had to add the "hell" before the "yes" because I'm that serious about it! Why? Because I want to be able to sit back, get pampered, drink champagne and enjoy my family and friends without being a basket case about whether or not the flowers have arrived yet or if the placecards are set out correctly or if my cake is actually what I ordered.
Hiring a professional ensures a stress-free (well, aside from any family issues that might cause stress- but let's be honest, that's what champagne is for!) and flawless day. So yes, I coordinate weddings but I will not be coordinating my own. Which, I think should speak volumes to those of you on the fence about whether or not to hire help. Whether it be day-of coordination or full on hand holding, it's just best to have someone who's got your back. Agreed?